WordShine is a small group of people-who-write in the greater Kansas City area. Our group is hosted by volunteers within the Unity Arts Community. Members of the WordShine group find joy in playing with words, whether it be novels, short stories, memoirs, or poetry. If this is you, we invite you to join us!
The WordShine Mission Statement:
To inspire and support writers on the journey of allowing Creative Source to manifest as the written word.
Date: Meetings are held in-person only on the first Saturday of the month from 10:00 – 11:30 am.
Location: Fillmore Cafe at Unity Village
Meeting Agendas usually feature the following experiences:
- Individual check-in: creating or continuing a writing practice
- Brief prompt-led writing experience
- Social media sharing platforms updates
- Inspiration Station:
- Guest speakers upon request
- Book or blog recommendations
- Classes, workshops, or events in person or online
- Facilitated book studies
- Writer’s Retreats available in person or online
- Time to share for support (not critique) is optional
- Writing Challenge for the following month
- Donations to Unity Arts Ministry accepted & appreciated
- Closing Affirmation: I give myself permission to be a writer.
Our community forum is a place for sharing meeting notes and updates as well as inspiration to support you on your writing path.
Join the WordShine forum here: https://unityartsministry.org/forums/forum/wordshine-forum/
Registered members on the Unity Arts Ministry (UAM) website can gain access to our forum page. Use the login button on the navigation bar to sign in or sign up for a new UAM community account.