Making art in community is fun and exciting! It also comes with certain risks – beyond eating paste. For the health and safety of all participants, UAM employees, and volunteers we have created the following waiver and release. Please take a moment to read and understand before attending UAM programming.
UAM Participant Waiver and Release
THIS DOCUMENT RELEASES AND WAIVES CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU SHOULD READ THIS DOCUMENT THOROUGHLY AND YOUR SIGNATURE (AS DENOTED BY YOUR ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION FOR ANY UNITY ARTS MINISTRY CLASS OR EVENT; ELECTRONIC FILING OF WAIVER; OR SIGNATURE ON A HARD-COPY FORM) REPRESENTS THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEEMENT. THIS APPLIES TO ALL PARTICIPANTS UNDER A GROUP SIGN-UP, IF THAT IS HOW PARTIES WERE REGISTERED.
On behalf of myself, my personal representatives, heirs, next-of-kin, spouse and assigns, I acknowledge that I hereby give up certain legal rights when I participate in or register for a class or event which includes the right to recover damages to personal property, bodily injury, and any projects left at the studio in exchange for the consideration of participating in the class and using the tools and equipment provided to me as part of the class.
Furthermore, I HEREBY:
- Release Unity Arts Ministry from any loss, liability, damage, injury or cost that may arise out of my use of art materials, tools or equipment at Unity Arts Ministry and I voluntarily assume the risk and danger of injury using such art materials, tools and equipment.
- Release, discharge and promise not to sue Unity Arts Ministry under its own name or any other name and/or any of its owners, officers, employees, instructors, and agents (hereinafter, “Releasees”) for any loss, liability, damage, injury, illness* or cost whatsoever arising out of or related to my person or property.
*The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. Unity Arts Ministry cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending an event affiliated with Unity Arts Ministry could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending events affiliated with Unity Arts Ministry and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Unity Arts Ministry may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Unity Arts Ministry team members, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at Unity Arts Ministry or participation in Unity Arts Ministry-affiliated programming (“Claims”). On my behalf I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold Unity Arts Ministry its team members, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Unity Arts Ministry, its team members, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Unity Arts Ministry program.
- Release Releasees from any claim that such Releasees are or may be negligent in connection with my educational experience, including but not limited to instruction on art making/working techniques, transportation to and from seminar activities, and maintenance or care of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Indemnify and hold harmless Releasees for any loss, liability, damage, injury or cost that may arise out of or in any way connected with my use of art tools and equipment provided or any acts or omission of Releasees, or other employees or agents.
- Agree to abide by and follow instructions and rules established by Unity Arts Ministry, or any of its instructors, agents, volunteers or employees, with regard to safety operations in using working tools or other artistic equipment. This includes slippery surfaces from paint clean-up, etc.
- Acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against Unity Arts Ministry or its owners, agents, employees or instructors for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, the undersigned will pay all attorney fees and costs incurred by Unity Arts Ministry in defending such action. The registrant or guardian expressly agrees that the foregoing release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that in the event any portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the balance of the agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way and shall continue in full legal force and effect.
- Acknowledge that Unity Arts Ministry content – including but not limited to: programs, events, video, text, graphic images or spiritual counseling – is NOT intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It is my responsibility to seek the advice of my physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions I may have regarding a medical concern, treatment or condition be it physical or emotional.
- Understand that Unity Arts Ministry may take photographs and/or video during class and of the class, and that these may be used for marketing, replay, and/or public relations purposes for the studio in various settings including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Unity Arts Ministry’s home page on the Internet, flyers, posters, and other promotional materials. I understand that if I wish to be exempt from this, I need to speak with a member of Unity Arts Ministry’s staff and make my wishes known in writing in advance of the class. This applies to all participants included under the group sign-up for online or in-person events.
- Understand that when I provide my email address at registration, I may be added to the email list for periodic emails from Unity Arts Ministry, but that I will have the option to unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails.
By registering for a Unity Arts Ministry class or event I acknowledge that I have read this document in its entirety and agree to the conditions for any and all Unity Arts Ministry events.
I understand that Unity Arts Ministry may additionally require me to submit an electronically filed waiver or hard copy containing my signature prior to attending select programming. The below form includes the above text in its entirety.